Grandma & Grandpa's Farm

Thursday, August 9, 2007

Updated Port Moody Museum Blog

I took the plunge!

I updated the Port Moody Museum Blog to the newer “Layout” style rather than the “Template” style of doing things. It means that many things will be easier and there are new features that can be used.

However there was no exact copy of the museum's design so I had to do a best fit. The design is a bit narrower. The post area is 450 or so pixels wide rather than the 500 I had to play with before and actually I have to keep to 400 pixels wide maximum for graphics. Perhaps I can tweak things wider.

In the meantime I am going to do some modification of the blog entries to fit the Layout.

Still many things will be so much easier to manage with the newer layout system. This will be a godsend if I have to turn over the reigns to someone else for a time.

~ Darrell Wade / Belgnorman

No comments: